"Spectra Tech Ltd, Whole Body Vibration Exposure WBV Onsite Field Testing Services (acceleration, velocity, displacement), HUMAN EXPOSURE TO WHOLE-BODY VIBRATION - TESTING per ANSI S2.72 Part 1 - Mechanical Vibration and Shock , ISO 2631-1, ACGIH, Expert Witness Testimony, Workers Comp Claims Investigation, Richard Lemker, Nationwide, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Springfield, Bowling Green, Knoxville, Portsmouth, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, Frankfort, Lima, Bloomington, Huntington, WVA, OH, IN, KY" > >
Spectra Tech employes sophisticated equipment and software to measurement and evaluate the whole body vibration (WBV) exposure experienced by workers (expressed in terms of acceleration, velocity, displacement). We can also provide assistance in designing solutions to reduce excessive vibration.
- Units of vibration: The units of vibration depend on the vibrational parameter, as follows:
acceleration, measured in g or [m/s2]
velocity, measured in [m/s]
displacement, measured in [m].
- Vibration testing requires the use of a contact pickup, known as an accelerometer.
- Test readings are usually taken in the three geometric axes: x, y, z, to determine the direction and degree of motion.
- Spectra Tech uses the latest FFT analysis technology to diagnose vibration. Please see additional information at Detailed Specifications
- Our system is capable of logging vibration data, and can precisely identify vibration and harmonics over a frequency range of 0.05 Hz to 20,000 Hz, with up to 6400 lines of resolution.
- Our system can detect vibration as low as 0.0001 m/s2 acceleration in the lowest frequency range of 0.5 Hz to 100 Hz with extremely high accuracy.
- The system is therefore suited to even the most demanding vibration tests, such as testing of worker's vibration exposure while operating moving equipment (e.g., earth movers, fork lifts, etc. :
- Plot / Print Test Results: We can provide documentation of test results by plotting / printing the test values on paper, and / or provide the reslts in PDF format.
- Click here for high resolution image of the sample test report.
EXPERT / WITNESS TESTIMONY SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO PRESENT THE RESULTS OF TESTING AT A WORKERS COMP HEARING, OR IN A COURT CASE.
RELATED TEST STANDARDS
LINKS TO RELATED REFERENCE INFORMATION
Back to Home Page | Back to Project Services