Spectra Tech Ltd: Day-Night Average Sound Level (Ldn) per HUD-953-CPD, Unattended Onsite Community Noise Monitoring, Environmental Impact Assessment, Field Testing Services, Nationwide, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Springfield, Bowling Green, Knoxville, Portsmouth, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, Frankfort, Lima, Bloomington, Huntington, WVA, OH, IN, KY"
Spectra Tech employes sophisticated equipment and software to measure and document the Day-Night Average Sound Level (Ldn) as well as the associated Daytime Average Sound Level (Lday), Evening Average Sound Level (Levening), Nighttime Average Sound Level (Lnight). We can also provide assistance in designing solutions to reduce excessive noise, either at the "source" or "receiving" location.
- We employ self-contained weatherproof systems that can operate unattended on battery for up to one week, with onboard memory to measure noise levels continuously in order to derive the Day-Night Average Sound Level (Ldn) and associated results.
- The Day-Night Average Sound Level (Ldn) are derived from formulae in accordance with the HUD standard.
- Our systems can simultaneously log the noise spectrum in all 1-octave or 1/3-octave bands, providing a basis for design of noise mitigation measures.
- To further help in identifying the source(s) of excessive noise, our systems can record actual audio of noise that exceeds preset thresholds
- Plot / Print Test Results: We can provide documentation of test results by plotting / printing the test values on paper, and / or provide the reslts in PDF format.
For a more comprehensive list of acoustical measurement variables and criteria that can be measured and / or computed, please visit Detailed Measurement Specifications & Definitions
For specifications on our primary audio test equipment, please visit Audio Test System Specifications
A number of noise and vibration monitoring stations can be provided to you on a subscription basis. See System Specifications
LINKS TO RELATED REFERENCE INFORMATION
- Testing to Identify and Rate Community Environmental Noise Sources
- 24 CFR Part 51 - Environmental Criteria and Standards (HUD) - links to HUD website)
- Environmental Noise, B&K Technical Publication: Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Environmental Noise Measurement, B&K Technical Publication: Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Community Response to Noise - % Annoyed by Ldn, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Community Response to Noise - based on Ldn, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Community Response to Noise, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- EPA Data - % of People Disturbed by Various Ldn Noise Levels, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- EPA Recommended Community Noise Level Values to Protect Public Health & Welfare, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- EPA Recommended Correction Factors for Measured Ldn, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- World Health Organization Recommendations for Noise Levels at Residences, Schools, & Hospitals, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Noise Levels of Common Exterior Sources, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Noise, Vibration, Control, new hospital, Mercy Hospital West, Cincinnati, OH, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Emergency Generator, Noise, Vibration, Control, Challenges, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
Back to Home Page | Back to Project Services