"Spectra Tech Ltd, Hand-Arm Vibration Onsite Field Testing Services per ASTM S2.70-2006 Guide for the Measurement and Evaluation of Human Exposure to Vibration Transmitted to the Hand, ISO 5349-2, ACGIH, Expert Witness Testimony, Workers Comp Claims Investigation, Richard Lemker, Nationwide, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Springfield, Bowling Green, Knoxville, Portsmouth, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, Frankfort, Lima, Bloomington, Huntington, WVA, OH, IN, KY" >
Spectra Tech employes sophisticated equipment and software to measurement and evaluate the human hand-arm or whole body vibration exposure experienced by workers (expressed in terms of acceleration, velocity, displacement). We can also provide assistance in designing solutions to reduce excessive vibration.
- Units of vibration: The units of vibration depend on the vibrational parameter, as follows:
acceleration, measured in g or [m/s2]
velocity, measured in [m/s]
displacement, measured in [m].
- Vibration testing requires the use of a contact pickup, known as an accelerometer.
- Test readings are usually taken in the three geometric axes: x, y, z, to determine the direction and degree of motion.
- Spectra Tech uses the latest FFT analysis technology to diagnose vibration. Please see additional information at Detailed Specifications
- Our system is capable of logging vibration data, and can precisely identify vibration and harmonics over a frequency range of 0.05 Hz to 20,000 Hz, with up to 6400 lines of resolution.
- Our system can detect vibration as low as 0.0001 m/s2 acceleration in the lowest frequency range of 0.5 Hz to 100 Hz with extremely high accuracy.
- The system is therefore suited to even the most demanding vibration tests, such as testing of worker's hand-arm vibration exposure while operating moving equipment (e.g., earth movers, fork lifts, etc. :
- Plot / Print Test Results: We can provide documentation of test results by plotting / printing the test values on paper, and / or provide the reslts in PDF format.
- Click here for high resolution image of the sample test report.
EXPERT / WITNESS TESTIMONY SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE TO PRESENT THE RESULTS OF TESTING AT A WORKERS COMP HEARING, OR IN A COURT CASE.
LINKS TO RELATED REFERENCE INFORMATION
- Measuring Vibration - B&K Technical Publication (PDF - 42 pages)
- Human Response, Vibration, Levels, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Vibration, Criteria, Sensitive Equipment, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
- Vibration, Criteria, Damage to Buildings, Spectra Tech Ltd, Consultant
Back to Home Page | Back to Project Services